Bailey Alicanto Grande Faro
The Bailey Alicanto Grande Faro is one of four models in the Alicanto Grande range. It joins the following caravans in the same range :
Bailey Alicanto Grande Porto
Bailey Alicanto Grande Estorill
Bailey Alicanto Grande Sintra
The Bailey Alicanto Grande Faro is a twin axle 8ft wide caravan and is one of Baileys top of the range caravans. This is a transverse bed layout with a difference. Over the last couple of seasons the 8ft wide transverse bed model has become extremely popular
The main difference with the layout of the Bailey Alicanto Grande Faro is that the middle washroom doesn’t extend across the whole width of the caravan. If we hadn’t had a poor experience with the Unicorn transverse arrangement (non 8ft) we would have looked more closely at this when changing our caravan.
When is a centre washroom not a centre washroom? No, it’s not the worst caravan joke ever. The Faro’s washroom is a bit unique. Actually, can something be a bit unique? Let’s just say it’s unique.
As you can see from the photo the washroom is in the middle but doesn’t stretch the whole width of the caravan. I think it’s a really novel idea and I think a lot will like it. The shower, toilet and sink share the same room, much like a rear washroom, but it seems to give you more space. PLUS there’s no fruit bowl sink (where’s my cheque book. BTW how old am I , reaching for my cheque – loser!)
The Bailey Alicanto Grande Faro follows the styling of the others in the Alicanto stable. Plush interiors, gray and brown upholstery and carpets.
I personally am not a fan of the end cushions on the lounge seats, I think they restrict leg room when laying down. You could always taken them off I guess.
All Bailey Alicanto Grande caravan’s come with Bailey’s Alu-Rech bodshell:
- Structural interlocking aluminium extrusion framework with no external fixing points and concealed awning channels on both sides
- Five part fully bonded exterior panel assembly system
- Upper body panels manufactured using superior bead application laminating technology for a stronger more consistent bond
- Upper body panels built using a timber free construction, incorporating a composite plastic internal skeleton, a high density polystyrene insulation and a GRP inner wall lining
- Upper body panels cloaked in a single sheet impact resistant GRP outer skin for extra durability
- EN-1645 Grade III classification for heating and thermal insulation (cold chamber tested)
Range Alicanto Grande
Internal Length 6.334m / 20′9″
Shipping Length 7.862m / 25′10″
Overall Width 2.450m / 8′0″
Overall Height 2.605m / 8′7″
Internal Headroom 1.960m / 6′5″
Awning Size 1083cm
Tyre Sizes 185/65 R14
Total User Payload 160kg