Bailey Alicanto Grande Porto
Bailey Alicanto Grande Porto has one of the most popular caravan layouts being rear island bed and centre washroom. It’s a twin axle and comes in at a shade under £31,000. Well, £30,699 to be exact (at least at time of writing)
For us, as I write in late 2020 it is the ideal layout, we currently have a Bailey, although this could shortly change. So why isn’t the Bailey Alicanto Grande Porto on our list for our next caravan? One thing and one thing only. Price. (Actually, read on, that’s not actually the only reason.) Not that I think it’s expensive, it’s just out of our budget. I personally don’t think it’s overpriced and compares well with some of Swift’s caravans of a similar size and spec.
It has some nice features, such as the “L shaped” kitchen and wrap-around cushions on the sofas. Do you want to know another thing I like about this Bailey? It doesn’t have the dreaded fruit bowl sink. If it’s the last thing I do I’ll force caravan companies to get rid of the god awful fruit bowl sink and use a proper sink..
The one thing Bailey lacks is something like Swift’s command system, in that respect, Bailey lags behind. Having said that I’ve not used the Swift system so for me it’s a piece of technology with bright lights I may never use.
See above, not a fruit bowl in sight. Mind you speaking from experience it’s also a really bad idea putting a shelf above the sink. When you try to bend down and wash your face, that shelf stops you getting near enough and you end up with water everywhere. I’m just saying…
They’ve also done away with the 190-litre fridge in favour of the “style over substance” opening both sides door and shrunk it down to 153-litre. Less Beer / Gin / Wine – what are they thinking? That’s a 19.473% reduction in the size I’ll have you know!
However, it is more than £10,000 less than the Coachman Lusso
Does the Bailey Alicanto Grande Porto get CV’s seal of approval? i.e. would I buy it?
- Twin Axle – Yes, I’ll buy
- Layout – Yes, I’ll buy
- 8 foot wide – Yes I’ll buy
- No fruit bowl sink – Yes I’ll buy
- £30,699 – 4 out of 5 ain’t bad!
I’m still sulking about the fridge size reduction, still, it looks nice and there lies my biggest worry about modern caravans. Manufacturers are having things that look good, rather than looking more at the function and practicality of things. The fruit bowl sink is a great example of that. And now a fridge that looks better, but is smaller. Having something that looks good, but you can’t bloody use properly. One of the reasons we have a twin axle is for the large 190-litre fridge. It’s not only Bailey, but Swift also do it too.
Bailey Alicanto Grande Porto Quick Specs
- Shipping Length 7.862m / 25′10″
- Internal Length 6.334m / 20′9″
- Overall Width 2.450m / 8′0″
- MTPLM 1779kg
- MRO 1619kg more info
- Payload 160kg upgrade info
- RRP Price £30,699
- AL-KO AKS 3004 stabiliser
- Vertical front skylight and rooflight surround with integral ambient and task lighting
- Leatherette covered interior grab handle for ease of access in and out of the caravan
- Standard ‘Farringdon’ soft furnishings
- Optional ‘Portobello’ soft furnishings (cost option)
- ‘Praline’ deep pile loose fit drop in carpets
- Dual finish ‘Cashmere’ gloss Italian design overhead curved locker doors with split level storage
- Front corner wall-mounted storage pouches
- Mirrored front corner locker sections
- Branded DAB radio/CD/MP3 Player with USB connection point and Bluetooth capability
- Two-drawer front chest with slide out occasional table and soft close drawers
- Conventional cushion construction with fully sprung knee rolled base cushions and square back rest
- Curved corner back rests with removable head rests
- Alde heating touch screen user-friendly control panel
- L-shape kitchen design
- Branded Perspex kitchen splashback with chrome detailing
- Stainless steel round kitchen sink with concealed fixings, swan-neck mixer tap, washing up bowl and drainer
- Dometic 10-series 153 litre electronic fridge freezer with universal handed door mechanism
- Thetford dual fuel hob with electric hotplate and three gas burners
- Branded 800 watt microwave oven
- Dedicated cutlery drawer
- Built-in kitchen wine rack
- Superior foam fixed bed mattress construction with memory foam top
- Full width padded headboard
- Bespoke caravan bedding sets to co-ordinate with caravan soft furnishings (cost option)
- Large ‘Granite Stone’ fully lined square shower cubicle with bi-fold partition door and integral lighting
- Countertop inset washroom hand basin with ceramic ball mixer tap
- Washroom panel radiator
There’s loads more information and photos on Bailey’s own website, click here