Caravan Hitch Covers
What are caravan hitch covers and where are they used? It might be a silly question if a person is an experienced caravanner. However, can you remember when you first started? I can, I didn’t have a clue about anything caravan related. I didn’t know anyone who owned one.
I’m always on the lookout for new accessories for the caravan, of course, it’s a hobby as well as a method of going on holiday.
Whilst walking around sites I see a lot of covers. A great many are dealer supplied. I was never a fan of free advertising for dealers, especially if I didn’t think they did a particularly good job selling me a caravan or didn’t offer me great service.
What do caravan hitch covers do for you? If you read the patter that the manufacturers give you, they are capable of doing the following:
- Protect against damage
- Protect against dirt
- Protect against UV damage
- Protect against bird poo and tree sap
- Protect against salt
You get the idea, they protect anything underneath it from just about anything! You may have seen some caravans on-site with slightly faded hitches, this is probably due to sun damage and them not using a hitch cover. It makes sense you use one, they are not expensive. They are also not that easy to put on, either with a drawstring or a clip system.
In fairness, most people have dealer supplied covers so in most cases there’s no reason to buy one. Our lastest caravan was a brand new Bailey and the dealer didn’t give me a hitch cover. Mind you, I probably would have burned it if they had, horrible experience, but that’s another story.
Back to caravan hitch covers. Here are a few I really like the look of. I’ve decided to get a smaller cover that just covers the hitch, I’ve not been able to find an example on Amazon, however.
Many manufacturers now let you print something on them, it might be your logo, if you’re a YouTube channel, or a business, if advertising on a caravan makes sense to you.
Here are a few that took my fancy, they might be of interest to you.
- Keep your caravan hitch protected with a waterproof heavy duty UV stabilised cover.
- These covers come with 3 webbings and quick release straps for fitting and are designed for the larger towing hitches.
- The length of these larger hitch covers are 1070mm/42". (Our standard covers are 760mm/30" length)
- These covers are made in our strong heavy duty waterproof 560gram PVC reinforced UV stabilised fabric.
- These covers are made to last and protect your hitch in all weathers
- √High Quality Material-Made of water-resistant & breathable 4 layers of non-woven fabric,more durable and tear resistant than nylon and canvas,and reduce the chance of condensation build up.
- √Trailer cover protection-Protects the trailer from dampness, rain, frost, snow, sunlight, corrosion, dust, scratches and dirt to protect your tractor rod (over limit, coupling and support wheels) from rust and other moisture damage.
- √Unique Design-Use tridimensional design,easy to fit with eyelets and string cord,and prevent it blown away by the wind.Fluorescent strips improved visibility in the evening,as a warning sign to better protect your Trailer;stitched to the hem for extra protection, increased strength and water resistance.
- √Universal Size-Length: 95cm; Height: 61cm; Height (Clutch): 35cm Applies to all types of trailers,also applicable to a trailer with a lock,Suitable for almost all types of trailers, even trailers with lockers!
- √Package including: 1x caravan hitch cover,1x elastic attachment cord
- Quality Hitch Cover * Will fit many types of hitch - just check the measurements below
- Measurements * Length - 86 cm (33") * Height - 61 cm (24")
- Keep your hitch clean and dry whilst protecting against dust, dirt, salt, bird poo, and tree sap * All hems have an extra protective strip stitched over them for additional strength and water resistance
- FREE Bungee included
- Delivery surcharges apply for shipping to offshore or remote addresses * Exclusively designed by and made for Speedwellstar * In stock for next working day delivery from our Staffordshire warehouse
- Maypole hitch cover
- Protects against damage and dirt
- Manufactured from heavy duty reinforced PVC plastic
- Universal and easy to fit with adjustable buckles and straps
- Colour: Green
- 【High Quality Material】Made of water-resistant & breathable 4 layers of non-woven fabric,more durable and tear resistant than nylon and canvas,and reduce the chance of condensation build up.
- 【Unique Safety Design】Fluorescent strips improved visibility in the evening,as a warning sign to better protect your Trailer;stitched to the hem for extra protection, increased strength and water resistance.
- 【Windproof and Waterproof】Use tridimensional design, the clutch cover more appropriate.Easy to fit with eyelets and string cord,and prevent it blown away by the wind.
- 【Comprehensive Protection】Trailer Protector Hitch Cover.Protect your trailers from damp, rain, snow, sunlight, corrosion, dust, scratches,bird droppings and so on.
- 【Universal Size】Length: 95cm; Height: 61cm; Height (Clutch): 35cm Applies to all types of trailers,also applicable to a trailer with a lock.Lightweight and flexible,easy to storage in the bag.
Latest posts by CaravanVlogger (see all)
- Buying a Caravan. Entry Level or Top of the Range? - 11th November 2019
- Best Selling Caravan Levelling Ramps - 5th November 2019
- Twin Axle Caravan Levelling Ramps - 5th November 2019
*Last update on 2019-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API