If you’re a long term caravanner, you’ll have probably run out of caravan toilet cleaning fluid and one time or another. Without fail, we use Thetford cleaning fluids. Pink for the flush and Blue (or green) for the toilet cassette
Caravans are a relatively small enclosed area and it’s important to keep it smelling nice. If you don’t use caravan toilet cleaning fluid you could find yourself the recipient of a rather nasty niff. Especially in hot weather.
Wherever possible we use on-site facilities, but certainly during the night, or if it’s raining outside we will use our caravan toilet. After all, that’s what it’s there for.
- Dissolves waste and removes odours naturally and has delightful mild fragrance
- Dissolves waste and removes odours naturally
- Can be used in both flush and waste tanks
- Biodegradable and free from harsh chemicals
- Encourages the biological decomposition of waste
- Great Product
- Easy on the waste holding tank
- Deflates gas build-up
- Chemical Toilet Fluid & Bowl Cleaner
- 2l Pink Bowl Cleaner & 2l Blue
- A strong germicidal chemical used in the tanks of portable toilets for hygiene and odour control
- Enjoy a fresh and clean smelling portable toilet for the duration of its hire
- A powerful toilet fluid for daily use
- Keeps your tank clean
- Volume: 2 L
- Powerful - Removes even stubborn scale and organic matter
- Bactericidal - Six times more effective than phenol to kill disease building organisms
- Highly Concentrated - Can be diluted up to 5:1 for economy
- Deodorises - Destroys source of obnoxious odours
- Simple & Quick to Use
So, as mentioned above, you put the pink caravan toilet cleaning fluid into the water that you flush the bowl with, this helps keep the water smelling nice. The other fluid, either green or blue goes into the toilet cassette and is where everything ends up. It not only helps with the smell but also breaks down organic matter.
You need to be careful with this caravan toilet cleaning fluid though as some sites use septic tanks and only allow green (which is organic) to be poured down the disposal (Elsan) area. Blue is a bit less organic and contains formaldehyde which is a horrible little substance. I always think of it as embalming fluid and indeed embalming fluid does contain formaldehyde. You learn something every day!
What Caravan Toilet Cleaning Fluid Does CaravanVlogger Use?
We always use Thetford products (Green and Pink) We have tried using cheaper fluids, but in our opinion, it really isn’t as good and you tend to need to use more, so it’s a false economy.
- Environmentally conscious green fluid for the waste-holding tank
- Strong formula that breaks down waste and toilet paper and keeps the waste holding tank fresh-smelling
- Earth-friendly biological properties. Ideal for a mobile holiday in nature.
- 1 dose lasts up to 4 days. Reduces gas build up
- Septic tank safe (Test ISO 11734)
*Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API