If you’re a long term caravanner, you’ll have probably run out of caravan toilet cleaning fluid and one time or another. Without fail, we use Thetford cleaning fluids. Pink for the flush and Blue (or green) for the toilet cassette
Caravans are a relatively small enclosed area and it’s important to keep it smelling nice. If you don’t use caravan toilet cleaning fluid you could find yourself the recipient of a rather nasty niff. Especially in hot weather.
Wherever possible we use on-site facilities, but certainly during the night, or if it’s raining outside we will use our caravan toilet. After all, that’s what it’s there for.
- Chemical Toilet Fluid & Bowl Cleaner
- 2l Pink Bowl Cleaner & 2l Blue
- Dissolves waste and removes odours naturally and has delightful mild fragrance
- Dissolves waste and removes odours naturally
- Can be used in both flush and waste tanks
- Biodegradable and free from harsh chemicals
- Encourages the biological decomposition of waste
- Elsan Blue chemical toilet fluid – 4 litre
- Powerful anti-bacterial formula kills germs and bacteria
- Eliminates unpleasant odours
- Exceed the British Standard BS. 2893:1989
- Non-staining – suitable for all chemical toilets and cassettes
- A Powerful Blue toilet cleaning formula to be put in your waste tank to break down toilet waste and remove nasty odours that have developed in motorhome and caravan toilets. Liquefies and breaks down toilet waste to ensure all waste can be easily removed from the toilet tank.
- Reduces gas build-up to remove odours and to keep your toilet smelling fresh and clean. Makes the process of emptying the toilet tank more pleasant by removing odours and breaking down the waste so it’s easy to remove.
- A powerful Pink toilet fluid that goes in your toilet flush tank to remove and break down foul odours – leaving your motorhome or caravan toilet smelling fresh and clean. Coats your toilet with a protective layer to enable the toilet to flush smoother and more effectively – making sure that all of the toilet waste is removed from the bowl
- Helps to keep the toilet water clean and fresh, decreasing the likelihood of odours to occur from dirty toilet water. Concentrated formula for a more effective result. Our toilet cleaning fluid will remove nasty odours and help the toilet work more effectively, without you having to use as much product to do so
- Perfect for those going to a caravan for a holiday, as the smaller bottle is easier to pack and store!
- Twin Pack = Superior rinse & eco friendly toilet fluid
- Eco Friendly toilet fluid for caravans, motorhomes and boats
- A formaldehyde free and eco friendly high quality fragrant toilet fluid
- Breaks down waste effectively and leaves a fresh smell
- Disinfects toilet with each rinse, leaving it clean and free of bacteria
So, as mentioned above, you put the pink caravan toilet cleaning fluid into the water that you flush the bowl with, this helps keep the water smelling nice. The other fluid, either green or blue goes into the toilet cassette and is where everything ends up. It not only helps with the smell but also breaks down organic matter.
You need to be careful with this caravan toilet cleaning fluid though as some sites use septic tanks and only allow green (which is organic) to be poured down the disposal (Elsan) area. Blue is a bit less organic and contains formaldehyde which is a horrible little substance. I always think of it as embalming fluid and indeed embalming fluid does contain formaldehyde. You learn something every day!
What Caravan Toilet Cleaning Fluid Does CaravanVlogger Use?
We use Thetford products (Green and Pink) We have tried using cheaper fluids, but in our opinion, it really isn’t as good and you tend to need to use more, so it’s a false economy.
We don’t always use Thetford though, we tend to use whatever is a) available or b) the best value. We have tried the “40 shorts” range of caravan toilet fluid, which are good and smell really nice. I find the bottles can leak a bit, especially when you open them, I end up with blue stains on my hands. Not a show stopper, or even a big issue, but just something to be aware of. It does have a handy measuring system though.
*Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API