If you’re a long term caravanner, you’ll have probably run out of caravan toilet cleaning fluid and one time or another. Without fail, we use Thetford cleaning fluids. Pink for the flush and Blue (or green) for the toilet cassette
Caravans are a relatively small enclosed area and it’s important to keep it smelling nice. If you don’t use caravan toilet cleaning fluid you could find yourself the recipient of a rather nasty niff. Especially in hot weather.
Wherever possible we use on-site facilities, but certainly during the night, or if it’s raining outside we will use our caravan toilet. After all, that’s what it’s there for.
- Dissolves waste and removes odours naturally and has delightful mild fragrance
- Dissolves waste and removes odours naturally
- Can be used in both flush and waste tanks
- Biodegradable and free from harsh chemicals
- Encourages the biological decomposition of waste
- A superior fragrant toilet rinse for caravans, motor homes, and portable toilets.
- Disinfects toilet with each rinse leaving it clean and free of bacteria.
- Leaves a fresh smell in the bathroom.
- Bottle - 2L
- High quality product manufactured in the UK.
- Chemical Toilet Fluid & Bowl Cleaner
- 2l Pink Bowl Cleaner & 2l Blue
- Superior Rinse & Eco Friendly Toilet Fluid
- This portable toilet cleaner offers a quick and easy way to keep the portable toilets clean and fresh.
- This chemical toilet cleaner is highly-concentrated and is manufactured and bottled in the UK.
- This blue toilet cleaner is ideal for cleaning your caravan, motorhome or boat, camping toilet, port-a-loo event toilets, etc.
- This chemical cleaner easily breaks down waste and controls odours for up to five days after each application.
- This toilet cleaner comes in a portable bottles and can be carried along with the luggage in your caravan or boat.
So, as mentioned above, you put the pink caravan toilet cleaning fluid into the water that you flush the bowl with, this helps keep the water smelling nice. The other fluid, either green or blue goes into the toilet cassette and is where everything ends up. It not only helps with the smell but also breaks down organic matter.
You need to be careful with this caravan toilet cleaning fluid though as some sites use septic tanks and only allow green (which is organic) to be poured down the disposal (Elsan) area. Blue is a bit less organic and contains formaldehyde which is a horrible little substance. I always think of it as embalming fluid and indeed embalming fluid does contain formaldehyde. You learn something every day!
What Caravan Toilet Cleaning Fluid Does CaravanVlogger Use?
We use Thetford products (Green and Pink) We have tried using cheaper fluids, but in our opinion, it really isn’t as good and you tend to need to use more, so it’s a false economy.
- Environmentally conscious green fluid for the waste-holding tank
- Strong formula that breaks down waste and toilet paper and keeps the waste holding tank fresh-smelling
- Earth-friendly biological properties. Ideal for a mobile holiday in nature.
- 1 dose lasts up to 4 days. Reduces gas build up
- Septic tank safe (Test ISO 11734)
We don’t always use Thetford though, we tend to use whatever is a) available or b) the best value. We have tried the “40 shorts” range of caravan toilet fluid, which are good and smell really nice. I find the bottles can leak a bit, especially when you open them, I end up with blue stains on my hands. Not a show stopper, or even a big issue, but just something to be aware of. It does have a handy measuring system though.
- Biodegradable, pH Neutral
- 1L Dispensing Bottle - 20ml dose waste & 5ml dose flush
- Septic tank safe
- Dissolves waste & eliminates unpleasant odours
- Built-in water softener, effective in hard water areas
*Last update on 2021-05-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API