There’s quite a lot of choice when it comes to towing mirrors, but is the Milenco Grand Aero Towing Mirror still the daddy? Or has it even even been the best.
People use different towing mirrors, different makes, different type albeit flat or convex. I noticed recently on a Facebook group (I like to linger in the shadows, afraid to pass comment) that more people liked flat mirrors. Which surprised me.
You may or may not know that I use the Milenco Grand Aero Towing Mirror and by mistake I ordered the flat version. So I tried it – actually I didn’t noticed until it was on, so it was too late, I had to go with one flat and one convex. I hated it. The field of view wasn’t as wide and the caravan appeared closer, which I didn’t like.
So, the Milenco Grand Aero Towing Mirror, what’s it like. Well, to start with it’s big, which is great, you can see loads. The mirror is very stable and uses a clamp which can be mounted on top of, or below your car’s mirror. The clamps are tightened by hand and I’ve never felt it was going to fall off.
Having said that I did once forget to tighten it completed and it wobbled about a bit, a quick stop and tighten again and it was fine.
It can be a little awkward to move the mirror up and down for adjustment, but once you get it set you don’t need to adjust it too much when putting it on the car again.
The large surface area of the mirrored glass on the Milenco Grand Aero Towing Mirror makes it perfect for caravanners. I can see the caravan, the road as well as the caravan wheels, which is ideal when navigating a round about.
Equally as good then driving in the UK or in Europe. About the only thing you need to decide on is flat or convex? Hmm, now you mention it…
Milenco Grand Aero Towing Mirror On Amazon
- The Grand Aero Mirror has a unique Luftbalanciertes design, stops the vibrations and multifunctional claw system to fit on any car, 4x4 model and vans. Without Strap.
- Milenco Grand Aero Flat Glass Mirror
- Maximum View See Everything
- Screw On Secure Fixing
- Fit To Almost Every Car Towing Mirror
- Pack of 2 Including Storage Bag
- Milenco Grand Aero Mirror in 2007 Milenco Limited trailer has written the book on the more when they launched the award winning Aero Towing Mirror.
- The Aero Mirror offers a towing stability at high speed. It was also the first mirror to meet the new pedestrian safety standards and comply with European standards. The large mirror offers all the benefits of the original Aero Aero, the view as possible, with very high stability.
- As you expect from Milenco, this is a product of very high quality, made with the best materials available. The clamping screw made of stainless steel and brass, ride, no matter how many times you wash corrodent, and the mirror is chromed with safety glass. The head is the largest ever used on a caravan trailer mirror, and has been specifically designed to very stable, with a shape that allows you to see far from your caravan and cars in three rounds on the motorway. Like the Aero Mirror, the Grand Aero trailer trailer suitable for all cars, 4 x 4 and vans produced since 1995.
- Set of two convex mirrors
- Fits to the mirrors of most vehicles
- Chrome safety glass with stainless steel screws in brass threads
- Versatile clamping system and 41cm arms
- Dynamic head and thumb wheels for precise view adjustment
- Worlds best performing towing mirror
- Superior chrome safety glass and assembled using stainless steel screws
- Strap-free to eliminate rubbing of straps on colour coded mirror shells
- Unique air balanced design to stop vibration
- Perfect view adjustment with easy grip thumb wheels
- Very stable attachment arm.
- Large, teardrop shaped mirror glass, approx. 20 x 11 cm.
- E11 tested, approved according to German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations.
- Incl. storage bag.
- Box contents: 2x Aero 3 caravan mirrors, 1x carry case.
- Milenco Aero Flat Mirrors Twinpack
*Last update on 2020-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API