Milenco Torque Wrench Safety Kit Review
Before I start I’d just like to say, I’ve been caravanning since 2006 and have NEVER checked my wheel nuts on caravan, or car. Once you get into your head that the wheel nuts may come loose, you simply have to check them..
“£50 for a torque wrench? Are you absolutely bonkers? You can get them for 20 quid on Amazon! The amount you’ll use it, it’s not worth it.” And this was just what I said to myself as I was unwrapping the parcel.
I could have bought one for £20 true and it would have done the job, 100%.
So why did I buy the Milenco Torque Wrench Safety Kit? Hopefully in this article I’ll be able to justify it to myself and maybe I can give you some reasons to purchase it, or indeed save 30 quid and buy the cheaper one. At this point in the article I really don’t know.
Here’s a photo of the offending piece of hardware your honour.
This bad boy is going to have to earn its keep that’s for sure. Not only will I be “torquing up” the caravan wheels (I have a twin axle so 4 wheels, just to justify the purchase a little more) but also Mrs Caravan Vlogger’s car, my car, my 2 daughter’s cars and my son’s car. Five cars and a caravan in total, that’s 20 wheels, so that’s potentially 100 wheel nuts. 100 / £50 = 0.50p per wheel. An absolute bargain, I should have bought TWO!
OK, so I’ll never be the Chancellor of the Exchequer (thankfully), but I think I’ve done a reasonable job of justifying it to myself?
Why Do I Need A Torque Wrench?
Over the past few weeks I’ve been made aware that caravan wheels can work loose. They can WHAT? I don’t know the technical reason why. I don’t know why I need to worry about my caravan wheels and not give a flying fudge about my car ones. Or maybe I should worry about the car ones? Anyway, that aside for the moment. I’ve been made aware that nuts can come loose, at about the same time there was something in the news about a caravan wheel and also on a traffic update I heard of a traffic jam due to a caravan wheel falling off. (If a wheel can fall off). That’s it, mind made up, buy a bloody torque wrench. So I did.
What is “Torque”?
You can google torque for a technical understanding if you have a mind to. Basically, torque is a measure of how tight the wheel nut is. So instead of tightening it as much as is humanly possible, you tighten with a torque wrench. You set a measurement as per recommendations by manufacturer and when you tighten, you keep going until it goes “click”.
What Did I Get In the Packet?
Rather annoyingly, as you can see from the photo, it came in the rather difficult to open plastic straight jacket. These are bad enough with small purchases, but this is quite big. I had to open it with scissors, no way you could use your bare hands.
- Torque Wrench
- Indicators (More on these later)
- Extension Bar
- 21mm Socket
- 19mm Socket
You might be able to see from the photo that it’s a “Bailey Version”, another reason why I bought it. Bailey have 19mm wheel nuts. This was partly due to my ignorance, honestly I’m an advertisers dream!
Now, I’m hoping that the 21mm is going to fit my car(s). I think I have various sockets lying around, quite possible not in my socket set case, more likely strewn around my shed, or in my office, or of course in any number of kitchen cupboards and lastly, somewhere in the caravan!
I’ve included a photo of the back as well…
On the back of the pack there are instructions on how to use it. Just as well, I’ve never used one before. I do know, however, that you use it to tighten wheel nuts to a certain “torque”. When it clicks, it is tight enough. Now, I know this because I had a tire fitted on my car a little while ago and the tire fitter had a torque wrench. However, I have never used one myself, and not set it up before either.
- Model Number: 2868
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Package Weight: 2820 grams
- Package Dimensions (L x B x H) in cm: 4.6 x 27 x 64
Just a note to anyone with a Unicorn IV; mine came with wheel nuts that need a special adapter (which was supplied) naturally I didn’t know this, until I came to use the wrench for the first time.
Ease of Use
Torque wrenches in general are very easy to use. In fact, I’ve created a video for you where I’ll tell you all about it. It’s not a technical video, so anyone can understand it.
Amazon Best Selling Torque Wrenches
- 【High quality】 FOURRROBER torque wrench is made of nickel-chromium alloy steel and iron, and the black iron roller handle can effectively prevent slippage.
- 【High accuracy】: 25-220Nm industrial grade auto torque wrench with a formal calibration certificate. Professionally made 45-tooth ratchet head, accuracy error within ±4%.
- 【Clear scale】The improved version of the torque wrench set, with a clear scale. With double reading scale, the unit is NM and In.lb
- 【Easy to use】: Pull down the lock knob and hold it until the torque setting is completed. Release the hand, and the lock knob will automatically rebound back to lock the value. Handle scale adopts laser technology, dual range scale is clear and easy to read, not easy to wear. It is more convenient to use.
- 【Widely used】 FOURROBBER 1/2 torque wrench kit includes 3/8 adapter, extension rod and box, economical kit, easy to use, mainly suitable for equipment installation, electrical engineering, automobile maintenance, tire replacement, etc.
- ± 3% High Accuracy: Industrial grade torque wrench has a torque range of 5-25 Nm/44.3-221.3 lbf.in.; Adjustable torque wrench set is fully calibrated and tested for accuracy to ISO and ASME requirements. Includes individual certificate of calibration with each set. We are full of confidence in high-quality wrenches.
- Thick and Durable: Professional 1/4″ drive bicycle torque w is made of hard-wearing, rust-resistant chrome-vanadium steel for a comfortable grip, non-slip, and corrosion-resistant. The Nm and FT-LB double scales use laser technology, which is clear and easy to read, not easy to wear, and suitable for most applications.
- Precise Commissioning: Install components with calibrated precision – torque range from 5.0 to 25.0 Nm, fine-tuned to 0.25. Helps ensure that components on the bike are tightened to the correct torque and that the clamping force is evenly distributed on each clamping surface. 1/4 torque wrench helps prolong the life of high performance components and prevents damage from over-tightening. Great for stems, seat clamps, lever clamps, chain sets, rotors and headphones
- Easy to Use: When the adjustable torque wrench set reaches the preset torque value, the torque wrench will make a “click” sound, which you can hear or feel, reminding you to stop applying force, so as not to damage your items due to excessive torque. When not in use, please adjust the wrench to the minimum torque value to prolong the service life of the torque wrench
- Wide Range of Uses: Dual Direction torque wrench adjustable The blade of the torque wrench head can adjust the direction of use at any time, so that the wrench can be used in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions to meet your different operational needs. Widely used in bicycle motorcycle repair wrench kits, road and mountain bike torque wrench kit maintenance kits, equipment installation, electrical engineering, product assembly, etc
- Torque values to be set When torque is reached the wrench produces an audible click and a release of tension Comes with: Blow moulded storage case
- 22.1-154.9Lb-Ft Ratchet Torque Wrench
- Marked Range: 1/2″ Square Drive 30 – 210Nm
- Comes with: Blow mould storage case
- SIMPLE SCALE ADJUSTMENT: Maximise the safety and performance of your bike, car, or machinery with the VonHaus ½ torque wrench. Accurately adjust the locking nut to a torque level between 30-210Nm using the clear engravings.
- LONG-REACH HANDLE: At 470mm long, use the reversible torque wrench to tighten and loosen hard-to-reach bolts with ease. Work with precision and comfort thanks to the firm grip handle.
- STORAGE CASE: Included in the torque wrench set is a bicycle torque wrench, ½-⅜” socket, and ½” extension – all supplied in a robust carry case. Inner blow moulding ensures secure transportation and protection.
- CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE: The bike wrench comes with a certificate of calibration, ensuring 4% tolerance. What’s more, the click system lets you know exactly when your torque has been reached.
- THE VONHAUS PROMISE: All our products are backed by a minimum 2 year warranty, so you can be safe in the knowledge that if anything happens we’re here for you. Use our products with confidence.
- 1: ± 3% high-precision: The torque range of industrial grade torque wrenches is 5-60 Nm/3.7-44.3 lbf.ft, and adjustable torque wrenches have been fully calibrated and tested according to DIN ISO and ASME. Includes individual certificate of calibration with each set. We are full of confidence in high-quality wrenches.
- 2: Heavy Duty and Durable: Professional 3/8″ drive torque wrench made of hard-wearing, rust-resistant chrome-vanadium steel for a comfortable grip, non-slip, and corrosion-resistant. The Nm and FT-LB double scales use laser technology, which is clear and easy to read, not easy to wear, and suitable for most applications.
- 3: Easy to use: When the adjustable torque wrench set reaches the preset torque value, the torque wrench will make a “click” sound, which you can hear or feel, reminding you to stop applying force, so as not to damage your items due to excessive torque. When not in use, please adjust the wrench to the minimum torque value to prolong the service life of the torque wrench.
- 4: Precise Commissioning: Install components with calibrated precision – torque range from 5.0 to 60.0 Nm, fine-tuned to 0.5. Helps ensure that components on the bike or cars are tightened to the correct torque and that the clamping force is evenly distributed on each clamping surface. 3/8torque wrench helps prolong the life of high performance components and prevents damage from over-tightening.
- 5: Wide Range of Uses: Dual Direction torque wrench adjustable The blade of the torque wrench head can adjust the direction of use at any time, so that the wrench can be used in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions. Great for stems, seat clamps, lever clamps, chain sets, rotors and headphones,automobile spark plug replacement, bicycle and motorcycle maintenance wrench, equipment installation, electrical engineering, product assembly, etc
- 1/4 inch torque wrench with a range of 3.95 – 22.5 Nm；Remember to unlock before adjusting the torque value;Make sure to lock after adjusting for the stability of working torque;After the work, please loosen the locking ring of the wrench and adjust it to the lowest value for the next use
- Durable ratchet head made from hardened treated Chrome Vanadium steel alloy (Cr-V); bright, full polish chrome finish wipes easily clean and resists rust and corrosion
- High-contrast and dual-range scale that is pre-calibrated to ± 4%; Tips: For precise scale adjustment, please use the imperial scale. The conversion formula between the imperial scale and the metric scale is: 1 N⋅m = 8.86 in·lb
- Includes sturdy plastic case for storage and portability
- Note! The scale is in English system and the dimensions are in lb/ft/in.
- Ratchet head: Reversible ratchet head made from hardened treated heavy-duty alloy steel.
- Finish: The black electroplated film penetrates the metal and merges with the metal to form a black metal matte texture.
- Sealing ring: Keeps iubrication in and contamination out. Roll marked: Scale is marked for permanence. Knurled handle: Oil resistant and skid resistant. Locking collar: Prevents accidental change of torque value during use.
- Easy to read: High contrast & Dual range scale. Accurate: Pre-calibrated to ±3% clockwise, ±4% counterclockwise. The click type design alerts you when torque is reached and helps to prevent over-torquing.
- 5 Pieces Set: 3/8-inch 5-70 Nm torque wrench, 3/8-inch drive 75 mm long extension bar, 3/8-inch drive to 1/4-Inch drive adapter, 14mm and 16mm spark plug socket.
- Ranges: 1/4″Sq Drive 5-25Nm, 3/8″Sq Drive 20-120Nm and 1/2″Sq Drive 40-220Nm.
- Scales graduated in both Nm and lb.ft.
- Calibration tolerance in accordance with BS EN ISO 6789-1:2017.
- Wrenches are individually tested to standards with ±4% accuracy and each wrench is issued with an individually numbered test certificate. Aluminium knurled handle for comfort and control. Supplied in EVA tray.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY GUARANTEE FROM A REPUTABLE UK COMPANY – Founded in 1978, Sealey is a large family run business with a vast product range. Trusted by professionals, all Sealey products are thoroughly tested and backed by unrivalled aftersales service.
- Torque wrench: 1/2 “, 28 – 210Nm, with 17, 19 and 21 mm socket wrenches and a 125 mm extension.
- The load settings apply to bolts and nuts. With steel ratchet head with heat treatment.
- It can be used for left or right hand applications.
- This torque wrench is a quality tool suitable for professional or DIY use.
- Ideal for use on bikes, scooters, motorcycles, cars and small engines, etc.
- Features:Heat treated steel ratchet head
- Fully hardened and tempered
- Electrodeposition finish for corrosion resistance
- Calibration tolerance in accordance with BS EN ISO 6789:2003
- Every wrench is tested and supplied with an individually numbered test certificate
*Last update on 2024-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API