Is Nemesis Ultra Wheel Lock better than an Alko Wheel Lock? Well it depends. It depends on whether you have a single, or twin axle caravan.
You may, or may not know, we have a twin axle caravan. You may, or may not know we don’t like Alko Wheel Locks. This is of course, a blatantly unfair comment. Actually, we don’t hate them at all, we hate the way they work on twin axle caravans.
You may love Alko Wheel Locks, if you have a single axle, we certainly did, but when it comes to twin axles, quite frankly they are unusable.
The Nemesis Ultra Wheel Lock is not cheap, it costs about £120 , or sometimes cheaper…
What’s In The Box?
- Shield Plate, this goes over the wheel
- Wheel Bar, these goes through the wheel
- Lock Unit, used to prevent access to wheel nut
- Wheel Receiver Bolts, replacing your existing wheel nut
- 1mm Spacers, used to ensure Shield Plate is flush with wheel
- 3mm Hex Key
- 2 Keys
- 19mm Wheel Wrench Adapter, which I needed for Bailey
Fitting of the Nemesis Ultra Wheel Lock is straightforward.
- Remove an existing wheel bolt
- Insert Receiver Bolt
- Torque the Bolt as require with 19mm Adapter
- Insert locking unit into Shield Plate using spacers if necessary
- Insert complete unit into receiver bolt
- Tighten hex bolt with hex key
- Slide wheel bar into shield plate
- Slide wheel bar through wheel
- Insert lock into receiver and turn key
The Nemesis Ultra wheel lock really is easy to fit, it takes longer the first time, but there’s no lining up necessary, just poke the bar through the wheel and lock onto the wheel bolt. Everything you need is supplied.
|Prevents Wheel Removal||Yes|
|Prevents Wheel Rotation||Yes|
|Wheel Fitment||Through Wheel|
|Wheel Nut Thread||12mm x 1.5mm|
|Wheel Nut Cone||60 Degree Conical Seating|
It’s a good idea to check with your insurance company if you’re replacing Alko Wheel locks, to make sure they don’t specify that you need two locks on a twin axle. If that is the case you could use one Alko and the Nemesis Ultra wheel lock as well as an alternative to lining both up.
|Camping & Caravanning Club||Approved||10% Discount|
|Safeguard UK||Approved||Up to 20% Discount|
|Shield Total Insurance||Approved||Up to 15% Discount|
Handy links to the documentation you’ll need before deciding if you should purchase or not.
So far I’m very pleased with the Nemesis Ultra wheel lockand although it is expensive it’s worth getting for me as it’s a less stressful. You might enjoy putting on the Alko locks and good luck to you if that’s the case.
The Nemesis Ultra is really easy to fit. Is it more secure than the Alko? I don’t know about that, but it is insurance approved and it is easier to fit.
This is not a paid for article and is not endorsed in any way. We purchased the lock ourselves to use on our own caravan. Just so that you know it’s an impartial, honest view of the Nemesis Ultra Wheel Lock compared to the Alko ones.
*Last update on 2019-12-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API