With the popularity of the “Grande” or 8ft wide caravans, I have a look at the Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi. Pegasus is a very popular range with families as it offers great value for money and a range of caravans with layouts popular with families. Bailey certainly know their demographics.
As you can see from the images above the Brindisi (I’m not entirely sure how to pronounce that!) is in the popular transverse bed configuration with and end washroom. We have a Unicorn with the same layout, however the lounge is very different.
The Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi has done away with the chest of drawers in the lounge and replaced it with a seat. The lounge is known as a “G shaped” lounge due to the fact that it resembles the letter “G”. Bailey seem to be very proud of the lounge.
If you look at the table in the lounge, you’ll notice it’s pretty unique. It slides on a rail so you can use it in several different ways.
Families In Mind
Bailey has taken the brave decision on the Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi of making the sides grey. Now, you either love or hate this. I think if the target audience is the younger family then I think it’s a sensible choice. As I’ve found out myself, the older you get the more your tastes lean towards predictable and beige. When we first started caravanning in our mid 30’s the last thing I wanted was a beige caravan, internal or external and I’d have loved grey sides.
You could argue that the Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi isn’t as plush as the Unicorn and you’d probably be right, the overall interior spec does seem less expensive, but then it is less expensive. However, the Pegasus Grande SE Brindis is lighter and cheaper than it’s top of the range cousin. You sacrificed nothing with regards to quality though, by that I mean it’s still a perfectly good caravan.
I’m now beginning to sound like a Bailey salesman – taxi!.
At just shy of £24,000 it’s certainly good value, but of course, Bailey aren’t giving them away, they lack some of the things you might want. Like Alde heating. However, Bailey have included ATC (Advanced Trailer Control) which is more than you can say for Swift on their Challenger range and that’s more expensive.
With an MTPLM of 1539kg and a payload of 155kg it can be towed by your average family saloon, if such as thing exists these days.
Other Pegasus Models
The Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi is joined by a few stablemates to make up the Pegasus range :
Pegasus Grande SE Rimini
Pegasus Grande SE Bologna
Pegasus Grande SE Messina
Pegasus Grande SE Palermo
Pegasus Grande SE Turin
You could look at a the Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi as being a cheaper version of the Unicorn with not as many toys. But for many the Pegasus offers better value than the Unicorn without having to make too many sacrifices. You could argue that as these are 8′ wide and the Unicorns are 7’6″ they are a no brainer for families.
Pegasus Grande SE
Internal Length 5.904m / 19′4″
Shipping Length 7.381m / 24′3″
Overall Width 2.450m / 8′0″
Overall Height 2.583m / 8′6″
Internal Headroom 1.960m / 6′5″
Awning Size 1030cm
Tyre Sizes 195/70R15
Total User Payload 155kg
Front Double 2.23m x 1.23m / 7’4″ x 4’0″ Measured from the widest point
Rear Fixed Double 1.91m x 1.39m / 6’3″ x 4’7″ Measured from the widest point
Key Features – Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi
- NEW ‘Pegasus Grande SE’ graphics scheme and ‘Dove Grey’ sides
- Truma 100 watt solar panel
- Through-boot easy access large exterior storage locker
- AL-KO ATC trailer control system
- Vertical front skylight surround with integral task lighting
- NEW Bailey ’Light Oak’ furniture finish
- NEW ‘Hazelnut’ loose fit carpet
- NEW Dual finish Italian design overhead curved locker doors with ‘canvas’ textured contrasting stripe
- Truma user-friendly digital control panel with adjustable fan and water boost functions
- G-shaped front lounge with sliding front dinette table
- Sliding front dinette table and freestanding table
- NEW domestic style sofa seating featuring premium quality fabrics and knee rolled sprung base cushions seat bases
- NEW Standard ‘Goldhawk’ soft furnishings
- NEW Optional ‘Barbican’ soft furnishings
- NEW Branded DAB radio with USB connection point & Bluetooth capability
- USB sockets in directional spotlights
- Drop-down hob cover worktop
- NEW Stainless steel round kitchen sink with concealed fixings, mixer tap, washing up bowl and drainer
- Thetford dual fuel hob with electric hotplate and three gas burners
- NEW Branded Perspex kitchen splashback with silver detailing
- Dometic microwave oven with non-moving ceramic hot plate
- Superior foam fixed bed mattress construction
- Bespoke caravan bedding sets to co-ordinate with caravan soft furnishings (cost option)
- Full width backlit washroom mirror
- White gloss shower cubicle with bi-fold partition door and integral lighting
- Washroom hand basin and mixer tap with integrated storage cupboard
See Bailey’s website for more details on the Pegasus Grande SE Brindisi.