Everyone should have a caravan fire extinguisher, it makes perfect sense. It’s one of the few caravan accessories that can save your life. Holidaying in a relatively small box full of flammable materials and gas can be dangerous. In the event of a fire, even if you accidentally set fire to the tea towel, you’ll need to be able to put it out quickly. Having a caravan fire extinguisher close at hand can help stop the fire hence stopping further damage. It’s advisable to keep the extinguisher somewhere where you can easily and quickly get access to it.
We’ve always had one in our caravan and we keep it close to hand. Ideally, you should mount it somewhere in the caravan, rather than keep it under the bed or in the front locker. You’ll need to get access to it quickly if you ever need it.
There’s a huge choice of caravan fire extinguisher for you to choose from and we recommend you read the reviews that customers have given the device to give you an informed opinion on which would be the best buy for you. We aren’t fire experts, so won’t recommend which one would be best for you.
In addition to a caravan fire extinguisher, it’s a good idea to getting a fire blanket. In fact, any device that would help with dealing with a fire in a caravan is a bonus, fires can take hold quickly and need fast action. Also, remember to have a smoke alarm and make sure it’s regularly tested and batteries replaced. These obviously give an early warning, especially if the occupants happen to be asleep.
There are other articles on the internet that discuss the different type of extinguisher. If in doubt, seek the advice of your local dealer.
The following caravan fire extinguisher list is Amazon affiliate links. Clicking on these links cost you no more and a small percentage goes to CaravanVlogger to help with the website costs. If you purchase a ç this way we are eternally grateful – or is that internally grateful? Either way – thanks.
- READY FOR WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST: Firechief’s UK-approved fire equipment is there to help you in that crucial moment when you need a reliable, easy to use and instantly effective solution to a fire. Use this 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher on ABC fires in kitchens, living rooms, offices, DIY spaces and the inside of vehicles. Included is a ready-to-install bracket so this extinguisher can swiftly put out an engine fire or be installed at home onto a wall.
- FOR CLASS A, B & C FIRES: Class A fires commonly involve paper, cardboard, textiles, fabric and wood. Class B fires involve solvents, lacquers, petroleum and grease. This extinguisher can be used on Class C fires involving flammable gases if the gas source can be isolated (e.g. hob or cooker). Never try tackling a Class C fire if you cannot isolate the source. Do not use on cooking oil and fat fires (F class). Suitable for use on electrical fires (may cause damage to delicate electronics).
- PEACE OF MIND – GUARANTEED FOR 5 YEARS: No maintenance needed, simply annually check the pressure gauge is green. This extinguisher is guaranteed for 5 years from purchase if not used. Corrosion and rust-free, this ABC powder extinguisher carries a 5A 34B C rating, is CE marked and has Kitemark approval to British Standards (BS EN3), proof of a quality, portable fire extinguisher. These certifications ensure that this fire extinguisher can be relied upon when the heat is on.
- HOW TO USE – PULL, AIM, SQUEEZE & SWEEP: This lightweight extinguisher is quick to deploy for instant use. To release the safety pin, hold the extinguisher steady – try to not grip the handles together. Wrap your finger around the safety pin and pull firmly to release. Aim the extinguisher at the base of the fire and squeeze the handles together, directing the jet of powder towards the base of the fire. Sweep from left to right until the extinguisher has been fully used.
- HELPING YOU PUT OUT FIRE RISKS SINCE 1963: We want to make the world a safer place with our effective fire safety equipment. Your peace of mind means a lot to our family business and our wonderful team at Firechief, as you buy our products intending to keep people safe. If you need more information, please reach out to us for help. We can ensure you have the correct equipment, that keeps you safe in the heat of the moment.
- FireShield 1kg Dry Powder Fire Extinguisher
- Soft Case Fire Blanket 1m x 1m
- Tackles Class A, B and C Fires
- Ideal for Home/Domestic
- High Quality UK Brand
- 500g ABC Powder Fire Extinguisher home kitchen restaurant cafe
- 1m X 1 m Fire Blanket and fire extinguisher abc powder
- HOMES KITCHEN OFFICE CARAVANS FIRE EXTINGUISHER with FIRE BLANKET
- Ideal for small spaces at home, in the car or caravans boats cafe kitchens flats
- Fire extinguisher colour sent randomly unless specified.
- For multiple types of fires: Including electrical, cooking oil, textiles, petrol/diesel, paper/card, motor oil, and bio-ethanol
- Extinguishes dangerous Lithium-Ion battery fires: The battery technology found in phones, laptops, e-scooters and more
- A liquid fire extinguisher that’s safe to use on electrical fires: The All-in-1 is specially formulated to work safely on electrical fires up to 1000V
- Fully tested and approved: We work with recognised standards like the British Standards Institute (BSI) to ensure our products are fully approved for use
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous, eco-friendly: One of the most eco-friendly extinguishing solutions available. No toxic residue left behind, and less waste to clean up
- 500G COMPACT POWDER FIRE EXTINGUISHER
- FULL INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BACK
- WITH MANUFACTURERS’ GUARANTEE
- Can also be used at Home, Cars, Caravans, vans, kitchens, restaurants, offices, workplaces, hotels, garages ETC
- The ideal fire extinguisher to keep in your car, caravan or motorhome due to its powder extinguishing agent, which is used for petrol and other flammable liquid fires
- Available in 2 sizes – Alpha 600g: 268 x 59mm (H x Dia) Beta 950g: 291 x 66mm (H x Dia)
- Suitable for use on class B & C fires, as well as on electrical equipment. This means they can be used on liquid, gas & electrical equipment
- Supplied with a durable plastic polypropylene bracket as standard
- 5 Years Manufacturer’s warranty | Certified by BSI, UKCA marked, and Kitemarked
- Approved to BSEN7
- 8A, 55B, C Fire Rating
- Supplied complete with bracket
- Corrosion Resistant Finish
- Packaging may vary
- PLEASE NOTE: Fire extinguisher look might be slightly DIFFERENT from the one shown in the photos due to the change of supplier, but it has same amount and properties.
- Liquid and Electrical fires : This caravan and car small fire extinguisher is great at tackling most fires that would be seen around the home, car or in your campervan. Great for using on electrical fires as its powder based and will not short any other electronics.
- Certified : BSI certified and kitemarked. Please read instructions on the can before storing and before use. Great to be used in conjunction with other equipment such as fire alarms for home, carbon monoxide alarm or a fire blanket.
- Great for travel : This fire extinguisher is great for taking on the road and added to your caravan accessories and motorhome equipment for safe travels. Can be stored easily in one your cupboards.
- This car fire extinguisher is suitable for B & C Fire classifications. Not suitable for Class A and deep fat fires. A car essentials! *For emergencies and single use
- Stored pressure, multi-purpose economy 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher.
- Suitable for use on Class A, B and C fires and involving electrical equipment.
- Five year manufacturer’s warranty. CE marked and Kitemarked to BS EN3-7.
- Supplied with a bracket for vehicle use in case of an engine fire.
- Powder extinguishers not recommended for indoor use.
- 950g BC powder fire extinguisher for use on flammable gas, liquid and electrical fires
- Compact and lightweight, ideal for your car, van, caravan, home, boat, office
- BSI Certified to BS6165 2002 and Kitemarked
- UK made with a 5-year warranty for your peace of mind
- Fitted with a plastic mounting bracket
*Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API