Caravans, like cars can cost you any number you care to mention. It depends on your budget and how much you’ll use it. Assuming you’ve bought a caravan. Now what? What other expenses are involved.
You’ll need a few of things before you go on your first trip. But what will you need when you rock up to your first caravan site, without people saying “all the gear and no idea?” ( I’m assuming you have nothing but a caravan and a tow car )
If you’ve purchased one from a dealer, then they probably tried to sell you everything you need and really, it’s a flipping long list. You might already have some of the things you need, like, I don’t know, cutlery and bed sheets. In this case you can of course take some from your home with you. However, we find it a good idea to buy stuff specifically for the caravan, otherwise you forget stuff. Also, if your caravan is in storage, you’re bound to come home and leave stuff in the caravan you need.
- Hitchman 40 litre Aquaroll
- Best selling portable water carrier that rolls across the ground
- Comes with filler hose and tap connector
- Features collapsible, removable handles
- Can be used with the mains adaptor to provide a continuous fresh water supply
- 16A Male Plug and Coupler (Socket) commonly used on UK Caravan and Camping Sites
- High visibility orange cable
- Constructed to Relevant British Standards
- Great Quality product can be used time and time again
You’ll of course need to get into the caravan, a step is the way to do it. These are priced around £15-£30
- Strong, rigid tubular steel construction
- Quality non-slip tread
- Dimensions (H x L x W): 25.5 x 43 x 35 cm
- Maximum weight capacity 150 kg
- With a manageable weight of 2.01kg and a height of 25.5cm, it is easily transported in your caravan.
- Made from steel to offer that extra strength
- Ideal for use with caravans, motorhomes, 4 x 4's and also help the disabled in and out of vehicles
- Each step has a non slip rubber surface
- Fitted with steel cross members for additional strength
- Step Height: 20cm / 39cm
- Tread Size: 50cm x 27cm
- Base size: 72cm x 61cm approx.
You might need a leisure battery, this will power things like a motor mover as well as lights and water pump when not connected to mains electric. We recently purchased one with our caravan from a dealer and it was around £120.
- Optimised for repeated charging & discharging
- Original equipment quality & specification
- Supplied charged & ready to fit
- Enhanced safety features including integrated flame arrestor and carry handle
- Up to 1380 watt hours and up to 160 cycles
- Voltage: 12V ; Capacity: 75AH (C100) ; CCA 650A
- Dimensions (size) - L 278mm x W 175mm x H 175mm (H - Including Terminals)
- Dual Purpose (Starting & Auxiliary) Leisure & Marine Heavy Duty Long Life Battery
- Maintenance Free with Advance Calcium Technology
- 2 Years Manufacturer Warranty
You’ll want to sleep at night knowing you’ve done all you can to deter a criminal settling your pride and joy. You can buy cheaper locks, but these are considered premium items, cheaper ones are less than half the price. Check any insurance policies as there my be a section telling you that you need to keep the security devices on at all times, even when on site.
- Hitch Lock: £200
- Wheel Lock: £200
- Leg Lock Nuts: £25
- Stronghold hitch hock (Alko) - Sold Secure NOTE:The Black and Grey handle on the image is part of a caravan and is used for illustration purposes only.
- Hitch lock for use on AL-KO AK130, AK160, AKS1300, AKS2004, AKS3004 and AKS3504 couplings (including the new 2012 range)
- Sold Secure tested and approved at Caravan Gold standard
- Easy to fit hitched or unhitched, and a high-visibility deterrent
- Comes with a handy storage case and plastic ball for extra security for fitting unhitched
- Saracen Hitch Lock ALKO Purpleline
- Suitable for ALKO AK130 AK160 AKS1300 AKS2004 AKS3004
- Carry case
- Security hitch ball
- Lock protector
- Hitchlock for Alko hitches
- For Alko hitches: AK130, AK160, AKS1300, AKS2004 and AKS3004
- Immobilises hitch to prevent tow-away theft
- Highly visible deterrent
- STOP THEFT of your vehicle with a wheel clamp from vehicle security expert Stoplock
- QUICK and easy to fit, it is also compact enough to keep in the boot
- FITS wheels 13 to 15 Inch (330 to 382 mm) great for small vehicles, trailers, caravans
- GUARANTEED for 5 years has 10, 000 key combinations includes 3 keys and a flashing LED
- HIGHLY VISIBILE bright yellow which can be seen from a distance and deters thieves
- Purpleline Excalibur Caravan Wheel Lock
- Will it fit onto steel wheels? * It will not fit this type of wheel.
- What is the weight?
- What is the weight? * Approximately 7.5kg .
- Water Container: £50
- Electric Hookup Cable: £30
- Waste Container: £50
- Toilet Fluid: £20
- Step: £20
- Battery: £120
- Security: £425
- Gas £65
Other things you will need, but might already have
Other Ongoing Costs
- Outside Chairs
- Outside Table
- Levelling blocks
*Last update on 2021-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API