Thetford Toilet Cassette Top Tip
Before we start discussing maintenance of the Thetford toilet cassette, did you know you can buy a freshen up kit which comprises of a new toilet seat and a new cassette. So, if you’ve just bought a second hand caravan and don’t want the hassle of using something someone has been happily sitting on and depositing into for years, you can get lovely clean new stuff. So, no need to read the rest of this article, just buy one of these… ( Make sure you buy the correct one )
- With adapter c250 c260
- Style: Vehicle specific
- Country of origin is Spain
- The package dimensin of the product is: 11.4lbs
- Holding tank for Thetford C200 series ( capacity 17 liters )
- The Toilet fresh-up Set is an easy and economic way to make a used Cassette Toilet as good as new
- The set includes: Seat & Cover and Waste-holding tank with wheels!
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Suitable for all C 2 – 3 – 4 toilets.
- Hygiene for your toilet.
- Contents of delivery: 1 x tank with wheels, 1 x toilet lid.
You didn’t buy one? Read on my friends…..
Unlike the toilet at home, it’s not a flush and forget affair. Things need doing and doings need getting rid of. It’s not just some magic hole where everything just disappears into never to be seen again. Unless of course you work at a sewage farm, where you’d see it again everyday. Toilets are a serious matter and they are not to be sniffed it, so let’s take a look at one.
The toilet cassette is this thing right here:
Thetford Toilet Cassette Parts
Looking at the Thetford toilet cassette there’s a number of parts. No need to memorise them all, unless you’d like to…(Your specific toilet may differ to the one shown below)
Firstly, the pour out spout (29) where you empty the loo from. Remove the cap (28) and poor out the contents. The cap is also a measure.
Just below the spout is the handle, where you can hold the cassette.
Below that is a large circle (4 waste holding tank plate) with an orange knob (1 blade opener), this operates the flap, which you open to flush water through to give it a good clean after emptying. Before doing that though you need to remove the flap by sliding it towards the handle. This whole piece can also twist out for even easier cleaning, probably at the end of the season.
There are obviously two wheels (32) and at the top is a pull out handle, which makes it easier to get the the disposal point. Lastly, is the little orange button at the bottom. When emptying you can press this and it lets air in to help move the contains quickly through the pipe
Pink, Blue or Green Fluid?
You may have seen toilet fluid, it comes in different colours, but which colours are used where?
Pink is to be added to the water that flushes to toilet
Green and Blue do the same thing. It’s added to the toilet cassette and breaks down all the nasty stuff in there. Green, as you can probably guess is more environmentally friendly. Blue contains all sorts of chemicals. Where you need to be careful is when a site uses something like a septic tank which breaks down toilet stuff naturally. Don’t use blue in this case, only green. If in doubt either use green or ask.
Thetford Toilet Cassette – Cleaning
Water can be used to flush clean the thetford toilet cassette through and it’s probably advisable to wear some kind of rubber gloves, better safe than sorry. There are various toilet cleaners you can use, but we mainly flush with water thoroughly
- Coats the toilet bowl with a protective layer for a smoother flush
- Prevents staining, lubricates and maintains toilet seals
- Smells fresh long after spraying and saves water as fewer flushes are required
- Septic tank safe (Test ISO 11734)
- Supplied in a 500ml trigger spray bottle
- Deeply cleans the inside of the toilet bowl
- Toilet Boal Cleaner
- Brand: Thetford
Thetford Toilet Cassette – Maintenance
As this is the title of the article, we’d better get around to some maintenance. Other than keeping it clean there’s not a great deal to do. You need to lubricate the seal on the part that opens underneath the toilet bowl. You can use olive oil, just open the door by twisting the knob beside the hole and use olive oil to lubricate the seal. You can also use Thetford Seal Lubricant
- Protects toilet seals from drying out and helps toilet run smoother, longer
- Spray on just about anything to prevent squeaking, creaking or leaking
- Safe to use on plastics and rubber
- Covers in one, light coat
- Supplied in a 200ml aerosol can
- Regular application on the valve seal ensures its flexibility and durability
- Thetford Lubricant Spray
- Brand: Thetford.
There is a possibility that the float may get stuck, toilet paper can get stuck around it and make it stick in the “full” position. To clear this open the sliding cover that covers the hole half way and push in an anti clockwise motion to remove the plastic casing that holds the seal. (See our video below) This way you can get access to the float which is in one of the corners, just have a feel around (with gloves on) and see if you can free the float. Don’t force it. It in doubt just fill it with water and give it a little shake to dislodge any loo roll.
The handle can come loose. Simply pop the top of the handle off, but getting a blunt knife in the gap, just below the word “Thetford” and it will expose screws. You can re tighten these and pop the piect you just popped off back in place.
Thetford Toilet Cassette Spares
- Fitments: Compatible with Thetford C250 & C260 SC250/260 Spare holding tank mechanism
- Reference Part Number: 5072706, 50727-06
- Premium Material: This Toilet Waste Tank Mechanism is made of high quality material to ensure stable performance and durability.
- The Waste Tank Mechanism is easy to disassemble and assemble, just turn to remove old one and vice versa,requires no tools and is easy to use.
- If you have any problem in our products, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a satisfied answer within 24 Hours
- OEM Number: 5072706,50727-06
- Fits: The Replacement Spare holding tank mechanism compatible with Thetford C250 & C260 SC250/260
- Material: The Waste Tank Mechanism is made of high quality material, just turn to remove old one and vice versa.
- Please compare your original before buying to check if this toilet waste tank kit is what you need.
- Flap Blade Opener Mechanism Holding Tank Mechanism Waste Tank Mechanism
- Toilet Cassette Lip Seal Part Number: 23721
- Fitment Vehicles: Compatible With Thetford Cassette Toilet Lip Seal C200 C250 C400 C500 C2 C3 and C4 models,Please note this will only fit models after June 2000.
- The Full Diameter is 110mm,The inner diameter is 80mm, note to check whether the size matches your model.
- Easy to insert and install, direct replacement for damaged and old toilet cassette lip seal
- NOTE: Please check the original manufacturer part number before purchasing to ensure the part is suitable. In case of product damage or receipt of a product that does not correspond to the actual product, please contact us as soon as possible. We actively help you deal with the associated problems.
- Measurements in ML or OZ
- Part number: 2581078
- Color: YELLOW / GREY.
- Package Dimensions: 21.4 L x 7.2 H x 10.8 W (centimeters)
- Thetford C200 swivel toilet flush button rest, white, for caravan motorhome, 2377162.
- Colour: grey
- Highly Efficient
- Easy to Use
- The sliding cover will fit C2, C3 and C4 models
- Item Package Length: 23.8 cm
- Item Package Width: 13.0 cm
- Item Package Height: 8.2 cm
- OEM Number: 23721
- Fitment: Lip Seal Compatible with Cassette Toilet C200 C250 C400 C500 C2 C3 C4 Caravan Motorhome
- Lip Seal Diameter 110mm
- Please note this will only fit models after June 2000
- No. 23721 Slide Seal, Lip Seal for Waste Tanks,Toilet Cassette Tank Lip Seal replacement
- Suitable for all C 2 – 3 – 4 toilets
- Hygiene for your toilet
- Box contents: 1 x tank with wheels, 1 x toilet lid.
- Model Number: 07524-78
- Item Package Length: 15.0 cm
- Item Package Width: 7.0 cm
- Item Package Height: 5.0 cm
Thetford Cassette Toilets – Full Range
Thetford Toilet Cassette Maintenance Our Video
For a practical video on replacing your Thetford toilet cassette seal, see the below
*Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API